Thursday 17 July 2014

On Becoming a Graduate

Well this post is well and truly overdue!

I am no longer a fashion student. I am officially a graduate. A 1st Class Honors Graduate. *Proud face moment*

Since my last post (way back in March), I have finished my collection, all 450 hours of pure handy craft, showcased at my end of year fashion show (which was amazing, by the way), exhibited at Graduate Fashion Week in London (which was also amazing, by the way), and then there was the PCA Summer Show!

PCA Graduate Fashion Show

PCA Fashion Graduates 2014
Yes I am missing everyone already!

...I then took a much needed 3 week break, of doing absolutely nothing, but lying in bed watching Netflix. I needed it. It was heaven.

Buuut. Then the hard work began! (Secretly I love it, I really really do), my calender is pretty much full up for the next 2 month and the number of emails popping up in my inbox is increasing more and more each day. Straight after graduating I was offered a position as the new Fashion Editor for Tribe Magazine (very exciting!), I have started work on my first 2 pieces of freelance work, and have been collaborating with 2 lovely independent businesses (Sew and Fabric, Truro Wool), as well as running a series of workshops and courses in association with them (who would have thought, me teaching?) and in October I will be returning to my beloved Plymouth College of Art to do a bit of work with the 2nd and 3rd years on the Fashion degree in Portfolio Development (so I don't have to leave after all?!) There are a few others bits and bobs beginning to happen - but nothing I can yet reveal!

I'm in the mind set right now of just saying 'Yes' to every opportunity that's coming my way. I'm viewing everything as a stepping stone, that will eventually lead me to being in the position to finally setting up my label. And when that day comes. It will. Be. Perfect.

My Grad Collection Tweeted by GFW

And on their Instagram


Some lovely words about my collection from Fashion Feed

1 comment:

Search This Blog